I have taught classes at the following universities and the following programs:
- University of Hamburg (Germany), summer semester 2018 and 2019;
- Goethe-University Frankfurt am Main (Germany); 2007-2012 and (2018-19)
- University of Washington, Seattle (USA), 2012-2017;
- University Bremen and University of Applied Sciences Bremen (Germany), 2004-05;
- Brussels EU Summer Study Program, coordinated by University Denver (USA), 2017.
During this time, I have taught in both German and English, and at all levels (introductory Proseminar, advanced-level Hauptseminar and Forschungspraktikum in Germany; 300-, 400- and 500-level classes and seminars in the US).
In addition, I have delivered numerous lectures and evening classes at Community Colleges in the Seattle region (Shoreline and Edmonds Community College, 2014-16).
The topics of my classes concentrate on politics and policy-making in the EU, comparative politics in Europe and the Europeanization of politics and parliamentary democracy. Specific seminar topics include the following (with indications of years taught):
- Parliamentary Democracy in the European Union (2012, 2013 and 2018);
- The European Union as an Actor of Global Climate Change Policy (2017, 2018);
- EU as a Global Actor (2010, 2016), Europe in World Politics (2015, 2016);
- Europeanization of national democracy: reconfiguration and crisis (2015, 2017);
- Politicization of European Governance (2014)
- EP elections and Europeanization of national politics (2011, 2012, 2014);
- Theories of European Integration and Europeanization (2010, 2011, 2013)
- Theoretical analysis of the Eurozone crisis (2014)
- Discourse theoretical perspectives on European integration (2013);
- Introductory classes on comparative politics in Western Europe and the political system of the EU (2007 – 13).